Work with me

I'm a stay at home mom of six kids. When I was 20 weeks pregnant with our triplets, I said goodbye to my career as director of public relations and marketing to be a full-time mom. I loved my job and sometimes miss it, but being home with my kids is what I always wanted.

Being a mom of triplets is hard work already, but I had two more babies in the next three years, and a few years later a sixth. Giving birth to a preschool pushed me to find better ways to do things. I'm great at making things work out, organizing and being efficient with my time, tackling big projects, cooking most things from scratch, and figuring out how to help my kids.

As a Southern girl, my mama raised me to get up and get dress first thing in the morning. I haven't been allowed out of the house without lipstick since I was 12! That Miranda Lambert song, "Mama's Broken Heart"? It's Southern gospel, and I was raised on it. The truth is, my mom did me a huge favor because my day goes infinitely better because I'm dressed and ready by 7:00 a.m. most days. I am prepared for anything the day might bring. Being a stay-at-home mom is a full-time job, just like any job, and I'm passionate about being dressed for my job and myself.

In my family, food is love, and preparing meals that nourish the body and please the palate is one way I show love to my family and myself. We love to eat, talk about eating, plan what we are going to eat next, and enjoy every bit of it. I believe in the 80/20 rule. 80% of what we eat is the best of nutrition and flavor. The other 20% is less virtuous, but it tastes great, and we eat it just because it's yummy. 

My husband and I love to travel. Several years ago we actually cancelled a trip to London because six weeks before our travel date we found out about the triplet pregnancy, and because I was so high risk, it wasn't a good idea. We put our travel on hold until they were 6 months old, and slowly started venturing out into the world again. Our kids have been a lot of places. My husband and I also travel alone as a couple a throughout the year as a way of connecting and rekindling the romance. A happy marriage makes a happy family.

I'm full of tips and tricks and I'm always searching for a better solution to...everything. Now that my kids are older, this blog is a place where I can share that.